Cupcakes With a Twist



I needed something to take to work for afternoon tea. So TK decided to do experimental baking - and after consulting The Cupcake Project he came up with these amazing Red Wine, Camembert and Chocolate Cupcakes.

The idea sounds completely crazy. But with Valhrona chocolate and walnuts it becomes a lovely, chocolatey cupcake with a sort of alcoholic berry haze from the wine and a slightly savoury note from the cheese. I was a bit apprehensive about the red wine ganache. Tristan and his friends really enjoyed it but to my unsophisticated palate it tasted sour and winey. So he made me a toned-down version of the ganache by folding in an extra serve of dark chocolate. 

Next time I think we'll try the recipe with a King Island double brie and with a less rich chocolate, which might allow the wine and brie to show through much more.

0 comments: